- Tested and verified mangiferin†
- Suitable as a caffeine replacement†
- Supports mood, energy and focus†
- Jitter-free extract for natural source of energy†
- Supports cognitive function†
What is Zynamite® Extract?
Imagine an innovative natural ingredient that replaces caffeine and has none of the negative side effects associated with caffeine.
Zynamite® is a unique and natural mango tree (leaf) extract. Zynamite® is Nektium’s patent-pending proprietary Mangifera indica extract standardized to mangiferin.
Mangifera indica, the common mango tree, is cultivated extensively in the tropical and subtropical regions of the world. Infusions and decoctions of mango leaves are used extensively in traditional health systems and have been known for centuries for their health benefits.¹ ²
In our continued effort to stock the highest quality and cutting-edge, science-backed natural compounds in existence, we are very excited to be one of the first to stock Zynamite® extract capsules in the world!
Who is Zynamite® for?
Stressed or fatigued people lack enthusiasm and mostly feel exhausted and desperate. What they desire is a sustained boost of energy that improves physical performance, concentration, attention, alertness, and mood.
Because of the mental energy and focus provided by caffeine, billions of cups of coffee are consumed daily to assist people to cope. However, caffeine is addictive and most people consume too much of it and suffer from its negative side
effects and withdrawal symptoms.³ These side-effects don't exist with Zynamite® based on studies.
Many sports and nootropic products contain very high doses of caffeine to increase alertness and boost physical energy but these products inevitably lead people to experience jitters, anxiety, irregular pulse, insomnia, and nausea.⁴
How does Zynamite® work?
Zynamite® activates brain waves and increases Long-Term Potentiation in a remarkably similar pattern to caffeine.⁵ ⁶ While caffeine antagonizes adenosine receptors, Zynamite® acts non-selectively to stimulate brain activity.
Zynamite® gives sustained mental and physical energy and focus without any negative side effects of caffeine. Zynamite® is patented for enhancing brain activity. Unlike caffeine, Zynamite® has a half-life of 6-8 hours, making it a better source of energy in the long-term.
Zynamite®'s Principle Actives
The active principle of Zynamite® is mangiferin, a natural xanthonoid polyphenol. Ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC) with photodiode array detection (PDA) is used to provide high-resolution separation, identification, and quantification of Zynamite®'s mangiferin - with Nektium leading the industry for this extract.
Zynamite® Clinical Studies
Zynamite® has been studied in 4 randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials - 2 for mental energy and 2 for sports performance.
In the first study, twelve physically active young men took a combination of 140mg Zynamite® + 50mg luteolin every 8 hours, and after 48 hours, they performed repeated bicycle ergometer Wingate sprint tests. Mean power output was increased by 5-7% compared with placebo (Figure 1).
In a follow-up confirmatory study, 30 young athletes (13 women and 17 men), 140mg of Zynamite® was administered every 8 hours for 48 hours, but this time in two separate combinations: 50mg luteolin and 600mg quercetin.
The combination of Zynamite® with quercetin increased peak power output by 19.4% compared to placebo. Both formulations increased mean power output by 6% during repeated ergometer Wingate tests. Zynamite® improved VO2 peak by 5%, with a corresponding increase in brain oxygenation of 10-12% in women.⁷ (Figure 2)
The results from these two studies demonstrated that formulations containing Zynamite® have an even stronger effect than those published for caffeine, in addition to a significant improvement in peak power output.
Zynamite's Effects on Mental Energy
The next two studies focused on mental energy. The first used a single dose of 500mg of in 16 participants (7 men and 9 women).
The study showed that Zynamite® significantly reduced fatigue after only 1.5 hours, analyzed with the Profile of Mood States questionnaire (POMS). Zynamite® reduced stress during the Calculation Performance Tests, evidenced by Galvanic skin response. (Figure 3)
Zynamite® had no side effects and no change in heart rate variability or blood pressure over the course of the study-variables typically affected by caffeinated products.
During performance of two cognitively demanding challenges, a Number Sequence Test (NST) and a Number Connection Test (NCT), Zynamite® had a significant activating effect on the brain compared to placebo as determined by frequency analysis of the changes in electrical activity across six brain wave frequency ranges (colour coded) in the EEG of the association cortex (change from time-averaged baseline assigned as 100%) ; significance values: ** p<0.05, *** p<0.001. (Figure 4)
The next study assessed a single dose of 420mg Zynamite® in psychometric tests reflecting attention and reaction-time in 32 participants (16 men and 16 women).
Performance in the cognitively challenging Calculation Performance Test was significantly improved and reaction times were significantly faster for Zynamite® compared to placebo.
These two studies assessing Zynamite's effects on mental energy demonstrated that Zynamite® enhanced attention, reduced mental fatigue and improved reaction time.
The advantage of Zynamite® is that this extract also reduced stress, and there were no side-effects, including no changes in heart rate or blood pressure.
Preclinical Studies on Zynamite®
Two preclinical studies on Zynamite® compared its effects to caffeine.
In the first, the Central Nervous System (CNS) activities of Zynamite® were investigated using neurophysiological studies including in vivo functional electroencephalogram (EEG) in four brain regions, for six brain wave frequency ranges. The results showed the patterns of electrical activation for Zynamite® and caffeine are incredibly similar in the front cortex and hippocampus.⁵ ⁶ (Figure 6)
In the next study, long-term potentiation was assessed by comparing Zynamite®, caffeine, and Zynamite® + caffeine.
Zynamite® had a greater effect on LTP than caffeine, while the combination of Zynamite® and caffeine demonstrated a remarkable synergy in increasing LTP.⁵ ⁶ (Figure 7)
Where to buy Zynamite®?
Zynamite® vegan capsules can be purchased from Mind Nutrition in the UK. Every bottle includes 30 capsules containing 200mg of Zynamite® for just £14.50.
1. Benard, O. & Chi, Y. Medicinal Properties of Mangiferin, Structural Features, Derivative Synthesis, Pharmacokinetics and Biological Activities. Mini-Reviews Med. Chem. 15, 582–594 (2015).
2. Sekar, M. Molecules of Interest – Mangiferin – A Review. Annu. Res. Rev. Biol. 5, 307–320 (2015).
3. Snel, J. & Lorist, M. M. Effects of caffeine on sleep and cognition. Prog. Brain Res. 190, 105–117 (2011).
4. Salinero, J. J. et al. The use of energy drinks in sport: perceived ergogenicity and side effects in male and female athletes. Br. J. Nutr. 112, 1494–502 (2014).
5. Dimpfel, W., Gericke, N., Wiebe, J. & Schombert, L. Synergy between Mango leaf extract (Zynamite®) and caffeine with respect to stimulation of the central nervous system in rats. Synergy Forum, 9-10 March 2018, Bonn, Germany (2018).
6. Dimpfel, W., Wiebe, J., Gericke, N. & Schombert, L. “Zynamite® (Mangifera indica leaf extract) and caffeine act in a synergistic manner on electrophysiological parameters of rat central nervous system.” Food Nutr. Sci. accepted f, (2018).
7. Gelabert-Rebato, M. & López-Calbet, J. Mangifera indica L. leaf extract (Zynamite®) in combination with luteolin or quercetin enhances VO2peak and peak power output, and preserves skeletal muscle function during ischemia-reperfusion in humans. in Congress: 23. European College of Sports Science ECSS, 4-7 July 2018, Dublin, Ireland (2018).
8. Patten, A. R. et al. Long-term exercise is needed to enhance synaptic plasticity in the hippocampus. Learn. Mem. 20, 642–7 (2013).